- Cold brew your coffee. This is becoming my favorite way to make iced coffee. It's really simple to do and you don't need any brewing equipment. I've been using these instructions. (And did you know it's actually better when the beans have had two weeks to degas? A great way to use up almost-stale beans!)
- Sweeten while you brew. We just tried out this brown sugar cold brew recipe from The Velvet Bird and it was delish!
- Try freezing your own coffee cubes so your coffee doesn't get diluted as the ice melts. You could make milk or cream cubes too, and even add sweetener if you want!
- Add some spice with cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Flavor your coffee without all that sugar syrup: add a splash of vanilla or almond extract.
- Top it off with some whipped cream. (Great on hot coffee too!)
- Mix up the milks: try some dairy alternatives: coconut, almond, soy, or hazelnut. Vietnamese coffee is made with sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend your iced coffee and end up with a refreshing frappe! (My favorite add-in is Nutella!)
- Mix in some tea. Why not an iced "dirty chai"?
- Freeze some of your leftover coffee as ice pops.
- Pour your coffee over ice cream to make Affogato.
- Make coffee ice cream or frozen yogurt.
For even more ideas, see our Iced Coffee Recipe board on Pinterest. (Coffee Ice Creams and Popsicles here.)
Questions? Have any great iced coffee ideas to share? Leave a comment below!
-Jessamyn at Voyage Coffee Roasters